Lemon, Coriander and Green Olive Hummus
- 7 ounces (200 g) dried chickpeas, soaked overnight, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- ⅓ cup (50 g) sesame seeds
- 8 green olives, pitted
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chickpeas in pan, covered with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and summer, covered, for 1½ hours or until soft. Drain.
- Place chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, garlic, sesame seeds and ¾ cups (170ml) water into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds, or until micture is smooth. Add water through lid plug opening, if needed.
- While machine is running, remove lid plug.
- Add olives, corainder, salt and pepper through the lid plug opening. Blend for 10 seconds or until ingredients are finely chopped and well-combined.
|Amount Per Servings|