Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
These little beauties are the perfect afternoon treat. Try them fresh with a dollop of cream and a cup of tea.
- 1 cup (150 g) self-rising flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup (45 ml) whole milk
- ¾ cup (150 g) golden caster sugar
- Zest and Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place 8 paper cupcake cases into a 12-cupcake tray.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl.
- Place the eggs, butter, milk, caster sugar and lemon zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable Speed 1 and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 25 seconds. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir by hand to combine.
- Portion into 8 cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse the container.
- Meanwhile, to make the syrup, place the lemon juice and granulated sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase the speed to 10. Blend for 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and, while still hot and in the tray, prick them generously with a skewer.
- our or brush the hot lemon syrup onto each cupcake, and leave to cool completely in the tray before serving.
|Serving Size||1 cupcake|
|Amount Per Servings|