Macadamia & Cashew Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread
This fresh garlic herbed cheese can be used in many ways - spread it on crackers, use it as a dip, dollop it on salads or use it as your cheese layer in a lasagna.
- 1¼ cup (155 g) cashews, soaked 3 hours, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, soaked 2-4 hours
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cashews, macadamia nuts, water, lemon juice and nutritional yeast into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high. Blend until smooth.
- Finley chop onion, garlic and herbs, and fold into the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Servings|
Macadamia & Cashew Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jean T from Great Vegan Treat! This all comes together much easier than I expected- I assumed I would need to use my tamper but there's enough water that it blends smoothly on its own. I subbed sunflower seeds instead of macadamia nuts and added fresh lemon zest- it was a delightful vegan spread for a sandwich or crackers!
Date published: 2020-07-01