Roasted Tomato Salsa [Immersion Blender]
Roast all of the ingredients and throw it in the Vitamix food processor, a salsa that couldn't be easier!
- 13 (725 g) roma tomatoes
- ½ (70 g) medium red onion, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1 (20 g) jalapeño, stemmed, halved
- ½ bunch (15 g) fresh cilantro leaves, stemmed
- 2 limes, peeled, halved
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place all ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and toss to coat with olive oil and salt. Spread evenly onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan into the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- Place the roasted mixture into an appropriately sized container, preferably a 4-6 cup mason jar.
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible. Select Variable speed 3. Start the immersion blender and move around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for 30 seconds. Increase the Variable speed to create a smoother texture if desired.
For a deeper flavor, try charring your tomatoes, onions and jalapeno on the grill. Omit the olive oil and char all ingredients together.
|Serving Size||1 serving (100 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|