Vitamix Pizza Soup
Change up the ingredients of this 4-minute soup as easily as you change up your pizza toppings.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ cup (80 g) onion, peeled, diced
- 4 (40 g) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (75 g) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices (16 g) pepperoni
- 1½ ounce italian sausage, cooked, drained, broken into small pieces
- 1½ cup (360 ml) water
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2½ Tablespoon (45 ml) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (55 g) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons (10 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and one Roma tomato in the olive oil until tender.
- Mix pepperoni and cooked sausage together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place water, half of the sautéed vegetable mixture, 2 tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1-3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add remaining half of sautéed vegetables, meat mixture, and cheeses through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5-10 seconds.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Vitamix Pizza Soup is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by IowaHawkeye13 from Nice and spicy! This is the second soup that I made with my new Vitamix. It was very easy to make and it has such wonderful ingredients. I bought Italian sausage from the butcher case and pepperoni from the Delicatessen and that gave this soup such a wonderful taste. I totally recommend this for anybody who likes Pizza.
Date published: 2016-05-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by Betted from Great soup! Tried this tonight and liked the slightly chunky texture. Will add one more clove of garlic and leave out sausage ( my husband just doesn't like it) and double pepperoni. Pulsed at the end when adding meat, instead of keeping it running on 2
Date published: 2016-02-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by rustyspoon from solid! Followed the recipe with the exception of the boiling water (used hot tap water). Turned out very good!
Date published: 2016-01-27