Wake-Up Call Smoothie
Kale and spinach team up as the power greens in this uplifting smoothie recipe.
- ½ (80 g) green apple, quartered, seeded
- ½ lime, peeled
- 1 slice (5 g) fresh ginger root, ¼"
- ½ (80 g) cucumber, peeled, halved
- ¼ (45 g) Bartlett pear, Seeded and Halved
- 2 slices (70 g) paw paw
- 1½ cup (360 ml) coconut water
- 2 cups (60 g) kale, chopped, stemmed
- ½ cup (15 g) fresh spinach
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to push ingredients toward the blades.
Try adding a teaspoon of chia, hemp, or flax seed oil for an extra dose of minerals and a silkier smoothie.
|Serving Size||1 Serving (386 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|