Whole Grain Mustard
A simple whole grain homemade mustard that can be customized to your liking.
- ½ cup (90 g) yellow mustard seeds
- ¼ cup (40 g) brown mustard seeds
- ½ cup (120 ml) apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) ale beer, pale or dark
- 1 Tablespoon date syrup
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) honey
- salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients except honey into a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place all mixed ingredients and the honey into an appropriately sized container. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 1 minute, or until desired consistency is achieved. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
This mustard is spicy at first, but will mellow out. Adjust the consistency and spice level by blending less, or thin with a splash of water.
|Serving Size||1 serving (31 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|