When temperatures rise, reach for a thirst-quenching, re-hydrating smoothie.
Create your own refreshing smoothies at home.
- Substitute water for dairy and non-dairy milks and sugary juices. This is a smart, economical way to ensure that you are drinking enough water to combat the summer’s heat.
- Try replacing the liquid in your favorite smoothie with healthy coconut water.
- Try Fruits with high water content - think grapes and melons - are another plus in the hydration equation. And don’t forget veggies: greens and cucumbers boast lots of water.
Hydration Boosting Recipes
Try the recipes below—they’re perfect by the pool, after a workout, or alongside for yard work
- Key Lime Kiwi Smoothie—A pale green delight with a hint of lime.
- Gold Medal Smoothie—Juicy melon blends with citrus, banana and carrots to win a gold medal in hydration.
- Kale and Pear Green Smoothie—This bright green smoothie will wow you with its taste and refresh you with its high water content.