Banana Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
Breakfast doesn't always have to come in a bowl or bar. This breakfast cookie combines essential, filling ingredients that get you out the door and on your way in a jif.
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cup (110 g) Vitamix oat flour
- 1 cup (110 g) rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ½ cup (80 g) quinoa, cooked
- ½ cup (75 g) roasted cashews
- ½ cup (130 g) almond butter
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) date syrup
- 1 medium (120 g) medium banana, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine two tablespoons of flax meal with water and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Pulse 4-6 times until ingredients are incorporated and evenly distributed.
- Once machine comes to a stop, remove the pusher and add the remaining ingredients. Pulse 6-8 times or until the wet and dry ingredients are evenly combined.
- Scoop in 2 oz. balls onto prepared sheet tray and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from sheet tray.
Dried fruits such as raisins, cherries and cranberries can be easily added to this recipe for additional flavor.
|Serving Size||1 serving (50 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|