This is the perfect recipe for a cool fall day. Substitute pears or peaches for the apples to make this a dish that can be enjoyed throughout many seasons.
- 28 ounces (790 g) apple, cut into 8 wedges and cored
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons (20 g) cornstarch
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (145 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (90 g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (113 g) Butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9 x 9-inch (23 x 23-cm) pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the apples, water, vanilla, cornstarch, and sugar in the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and remove the lid plug. Insert the tamper and begin Pulsing. Pulse 10 to 12 times, or until the apples are roughly chopped.
- Place the apple mixture in a saucepot over medium-high heat, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Rinse the container. Add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, and butter. Secure the lid, remove the lid plus, and insert the tamper.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 8 times. Remove the lid and scrape the sides.
- Secure the lid, select Variable 6, and Pulse 6 to 8 times, or until evenly combined.
- Press half the oat mixture evenly into the pan and up the sides. Pour in the cooled apple mixture. Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|