Blackberry Panna Cotta
Only four simple ingredients are needed for this quick-chilled dessert, which is especially refreshing on a warm summer day. Feel free to switch up the berries to whatever is in season at the time.
- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy cream
- ⅓ cup (65 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 1¾ cup (250 g) blackberries
- Place cream and sugar into a heavy bottom sauce pan. Whisk to incorporate. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in powdered gelatin.
- Place blackberries and cream mixture into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to Variable 6, and run for 45 seconds.
- Portion equally into eight 4-ounce ramekins. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe combines the beautiful texture of muddled blackberries with sweetened cream. Any fresh berry can be used, but softer berries are ideal because they will mash more easily at lower speeds.
|Serving Size||½ cup (120 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|