Brioche Bread Crumb Stuffing
Brioche provides just the touch of sweetness that will make this stuffing the highlight of your holiday meal. For a vegetarian option, substitute the ground pork for butternut squash and the chicken stock for vegetable stock. This recipe can also be made gluten free using gluten free breadcrumbs instead of brioche.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 4-inch (10.15cm) pieces
- 1 loaf brioche bread, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes and toasted
- 2 Tablespoons Winter Spice Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ bunch parsley, approximately 1 cup (15g), lightly packed
- 10-12 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 pound (450 g) ground pork
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place baking dish into oven to preheat (cast iron skillet preferred).
- Place onion, celery, and parsley into the Vitamix container and fill with water until the ingredients float above the blades. Secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 6 to 8 times to chop the vegetables. Strain and set aside.
- Place toasted brioche, 4 cups at a time, into the Vitamix container.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 6 to 8 times (3 to 4 batches total). Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion, celery, and parsley mixture and sauté 5 to 8 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add sage, pork, and seasoning. Cook another 10 to 12 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add breadcrumbs, chicken stock, eggs, and butter. Toss with pork mixture lightly.
- Once mixed together, place into pre-heated dish or pan (or in the center of Crown Roast of Pork). Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|