Cauliflower Tuna Patties
Swap your go-to sandwich for these delightful Cauliflower Tuna Patties!
- 1 head (283 g) cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cans (283 g) 10 oz. albacore tuna, drained well
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg white, or 2 whole eggs
- 5 Tablespoons (40 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ cup (80 g) red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup (80 g) fresh spinach, finely chopped
- Place cauliflower florets into a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbsp. water and microwave for 2 minutes. Allow to cool briefly, then place into your Vitamix Food Processor fitted with the Multi-Use blade.
- Pulse 5-6 times or until cauliflower has obtained a very fine, couscous-like texture. Empty cauliflower into cheesecloth or a strong paper towel, and wring out all excess moisture. This is necessary to ensure the patties will hold together.
- Place all remaining tuna patty ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Scoop golf-ball sized amounts of the batter and form small patties, placing on a dish and refrigerating for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- 1 cup (240 ml) nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, sauce only
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- While patties are chilling, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Set a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Carefully place patties into the skillet and cook until golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook an additional several minutes until patties are hot all the way through.
- Serve immediately with sauce if desired.
|Amount Per Servings|