Eggplant Walnut Dip
This is a great veggie dip that uses roasted eggplant and earthy walnuts.
- 1 (475 g) eggplant
- 1 cup (110 g) toasted walnuts
- ½ lemon, peeled
- ½ (10 g) Italian flat leaf parsley, stemmed
- ¼ teaspoon (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons date syrup
- salt and ground pepper, optional, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place eggplant on sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place cut side down into oven for 35-45 minutes or until soft in the center. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Place the immersion blender into the middle of the cooking pot.
- Scoop center of the eggplant out into a small bowl and add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, moving around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until desired consistency is achieved.
|Serving Size||1 serving (33 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|