Store-bought mayonnaise just can't compare with homemade aioli. Just add roasted garlic (or garlic powder) like in this recipe for an extra dimension of flavor. Serve as a dip with crudités, or as a sauce on tacos.
- 3 large pasteurized egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1¼ cup (330 ml) light olive oil
- Place yolks, lemon juice, salt-and-pepper mix, and garlic into the VitamixContainer in the order listed, and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to Variable 6, and run for 15 seconds.
- While the machine is still running, remove the lid plug and slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening. As the mixture begins to thicken, the oil may be added at a faster rate. Finish pouring the oil and, after blending for another 15 seconds, replace the lid plug. Increase speed to Variable 10 and run for 3 to 5 seconds. Stop the machine.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Aer™ disc container will help you achieve a much tighter emulsion. This leads to sauces that are thick and uniform with room for add-ins without getting soupy. It also creates a sauce that holds up well against heat.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|