Mushroom Tofu Pasta Sauce
In this especially flavorful vegan sauce recipe, the mushrooms add a bold depth, and the tofu adds a creamy thickness. What’s not to love?
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small (100 g) onion, peeled,chopped
- 8 ounces (225 g) cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup (120 ml) red wine
- 1½ cup (360 ml) water, or vegetable stock
- 2 cups (300 g) light silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When warm, add the onion, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Pour in the red wine and deglaze. Add the red chili flakes and continue to cook until the wine is reduced by two thirds.
- Carefully pour the wine mixture and add the remaining ingredients into your Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes the vented lid plug.
|Serving Size||1 serving (48 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Mushroom Tofu Pasta Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CanadianShar from My new favourite pasta sauce So rich and creamy, so satisfying! Mods: used white wine and only 1/2 cup Used a full pack of firm silken tofu (12 ounces) Only used 1 c. Veggie stock (I love thick sauces) This tastes like a restaurant quality Alfredo style sauce but way better.
Date published: 2021-01-21