Pomegranate BBQ Sauce
This sauce is irresistible on any protein from shrimp to ribs. Pomegranate is loaded with antioxidants and works well with the sweet and spice of smoky adobo and raisins.
- 2 cups (480 ml) pomegranate juice
- 1 (10 g) chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 cups (240 ml) ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 limes, peeled
- 1¼ cup (200 g) raisins
- ¾ cup (90 g) dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 1 minute.
|Serving Size||1 serving (35 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|