Pumpkin Seed and Nori Crisp Scroggin with Sour Cherries and Dark Chocolate
Pumpkin Seed and Nori Crisps
- 1¼ cup (175 g) diced shallots
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 (20 g) nori sheets
- 2 cups (275 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat and add the shallots and coconut oil. Sweat the shallots for 4 to 5 minutes, or until translucent. Allow to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Place the nori in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast the nori sheets for 4 to 5 minutes, until lightly crispy. Rip the nori into little pieces and set aside.
- Lower the oven temperature to 200°F (100°C).
- Place the pumpkin seeds, salt, nori, and shallots into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Remove the lid plug and insert the tamper.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Use the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 1 minute, or until the mixture looks smooth and creamy.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and remove the mixture to the tray. Cover with another sheet of parchment and roll out flat with a rolling pin.
- Bake in the 200°F (100°C) oven for 2 to 2½ hours, until crispy. Break up into small pieces and set aside.
- 1 cup (175 g) chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup (75 g) dried sour cherries
- 1 cup (85 g) buckwheat groats
- 2 Tablespoons crystalized ginger
- To make the scroggin, mix the remaining ingredients with pumpkin seed crisps and store in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||3 Tablespoons (75 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|