Roasted Pork Butt (with Rub)
The secret to this ultra-moist and flavorful roast is clearly the rub. But why limit yourself? Try using it on your favorite cut of chicken and beef, too!
- 2 Tablespoons (25 g) brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (15 g) dried onion flakes
- 2 Tablespoons (15 g) dried garlic flakes
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) kosher salt
- 1½ Tablespoon (15 g) coriander seeds
- 1½ Tablespoon (15 g) black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) red chili flakes
- To make the rub, place brown sugar, onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt, coriander seeds, peppercorns, fennel, and red chili flakes into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- 2 cups (480 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 apple apple, quartered
- 1 garlic head garlic, halved lengthwise
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 sprigs rosemary sprigs
- To season the pork butt, rub with 4 Tablespoons of the spice mixture. Allow to cure uncovered in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 12 hours).
- To roast the pork butt, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place pork butt on a rack in a roasting pan. Add apple cider vinegar, onion, apple, garlic, thyme, and rosemary to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cover, and reduce oven temperature to 250°F (120°C).
- Place back in oven and continue to roast for another 3½ hours, or until fork tender.
|Serving Size||8 ounces|
|Amount Per Servings|