Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
Cold days call for a soup that showcases winter’s bountiful harvest. In-season vegetables such as turnips, carrots, and celery combine with our Winter Spice Seasoning for a warm, filling meal.
- 1 cup (120 g) carrots, rough cut
- 1¼ cup (120 g) turnip, rough cut (rutabaga, parsnips, or similar root vegetables can be substituted)
- ⅓ (25 g) small onion, peeled, rough cut
- 2 (135 g) celery stalk, rough cut
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon Winter Spice Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ jalapeño, stemmed
- 1 lime, zested, peeled
- 3 cups (720 ml) vegetable broth
- 2 (225 g) Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup (15 g) kale
- ½ (15 g) fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed
- 1 can (410 g) hominy, or chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine carrot, turnip, onion, celery, jalapeno, garlic, Winter Spice Seasoning, and oil together in a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread out evenly on a foil lined sheet tray and bake 30 to 40 minutes. Once roasted, reserve 1 cup and set aside.
- Place stock, remaining roasted vegetables, lime, lime zest, and ½ can of hominy into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 6 minutes.
- Remove lid and add tomatoes, kale, cilantro, remaining ½ can hominy, and 1 cup roasted vegetables to the container. Secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 3 and blend for an additional 5 seconds to incorporate.
|Serving Size||1 serving (374 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|