Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce
Whether for a night of sports TV or a potluck picnic, these spicy chicken wings are sure to be a hit with everyone! Warning: not for the faint of heart.
- 4 pounds (1.81 kg) chicken wings
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Place coconut oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and paprika into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting or the Purée Program (if available). Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 minute; or start the machine and allow the Purée program to complete. Stop the machine and set aside.
- ½ cup (120 mm) Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) water
- To make the slurry mixture, in a small bowl, whisk together pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cornstarch, and water. Set aside.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture into a saucepan and warm over medium heat for 2 minutes. Take off heat. Whisk in slurry mixture. Serve over cooked wings.
|Serving Size||½ pound (150 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|