Spinach Pancake and Lingonberry Jam
A simple batter becomes a savory meal with the addition of seafood and vegetables.
- 2⅔ cup (400 g) frozen lingonberries
- 5 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup (120 ml) agave nectar
- Place frozen lingonberries into a small sauce pan and heat over medium to medium-high heat for 3 - 5 minutes until color deepens and fruit just begins to break down and release juice.
- Place warmed berries and agave into Vitamix container and secure lid. Select Variable 1,start the machine and increase to its highest speed. Blend 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl or container and stir in chia seeds. Allow to sit at least 30 minutes in the fridge to set.
- 2 cups (480 ml) almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 banana, peeled, halved
- 4 cups (270 g) kale, chopped
- ⅔ cup (75 g) rolled oats
- ¾ cup (110 g) buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients into the Vitamix® container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine and increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds using the tamper to push ingredients into the blade.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place 1/4 (60ml) of batter into the pan.
- Repeat to until the pan. Cook 2 - 3 minutes or until small air pockets have formed throughout the pancake. Flip the pancakes and cook an additional 1 - 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Serve with jam.
If the lingonberry jam is too sour add strawberrries to sweeten.
|Serving Size||1 pancake with 1 tablespoon of jam|
|Amount Per Servings|