Spring Pea & Sun-dried Tomato Carbonara
A classic sauce revisited with a base of cashew cream, adding sweetness in peas and rounded out with sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth
- 1½ cup (280 g) frozen sweet peas, or fresh sweet peas, thawed
- 2 cups (480 g) cashew cream
- 2 cups (260 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- kosher salt, optional, to taste
- ground black pepper, optional, to taste
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine the vegetable stock and peas. Bring to a simmer and add the cashew cream, and stir to incorporate.
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid or as close to the ingredients as possible. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 4. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 1 minute or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Return to the stovetop and simmer for an additional 5 minutes while stirring. Fold in the sun-dried tomatoes and season as desired, and serve with your favorite vegetable noodles or pasta.
|Serving Size||1 serving (156 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|