Black beans, chickpeas, brown rice, and mushrooms come together to create a very flavorful, but vegan burger patty that is full of flavor and won't have you missing beef.
- ½ (110 g) medium onion, cut large chunks
- 2 cups (115 g) crimini mushrooms, halved
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup (60 ml) fermented black bean sauce
- ½ cup (90 g) short grain cooked brown rice, cooled
- ½ cup (45 g) chickpea crumbs
- 1 cup (170 g) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup cup (60 ml) black beans, drained, rinsed
- Place the ingredients as listed into Food Processor Work Bowl with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Pulse 4-5 times.
- Remove the lid and scrape the sides of the Work Bowl. Repeat the pulse and scrape process 2-3 until all ingredients have been evenly chopped and combined.
- Form into 7 oz. (195g) patties and cook as desired.
Cooks best in non-stick skillet or on a flat top. You can grill it but it is recommended to grill on a mat or alluminium foil sprayed with non-stick spray. These burgers are a delicious vegan alternative, however, pay attention to what black bean sauce you use as some are made with seafood product.
|Serving Size||1 serving (169 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|