Wild Garlic, New Potato and Black Onion Seed Soup with Marinated Feta
This soup is rich in flavor and topped with tangy feta for the perfect starter or meal.
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons (150 ml) olive oil
- 10 other curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon Urfa chile flakes
- 2 cups (300 g) Feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 other fresh basil leaves, shredded
- To make the marinated feta, place ½ cup (100 ml) oil in a small pan over a moderate heat and add the curry leaves and dry spices. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until aromatic, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Pour the cooled spiced oil over the feta, along with the remaining 2 Tablespoons (50 ml) oil and the basil leaves. Gently toss the feta in the oil then refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
Wild Garlic, New Potato and Black Onion Seed Soup
- ½ (65 g) medium onion, halved
- ½ fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 stalk (100 g) celery, diced
- 1 leek, cleaned, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup (40 g) fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 4½ ounce (130 g) wild garlic, separated into stalks and leaves (both finely chopped), divided use
- 18 ounces (500 g) potatoes
- 1 teaspoon black onion seeds
- 4¼ cup (1 l) vegetable broth
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- To make the wild garlic soup, sauté the onion, fennel, celery, leek, garlic and ginger in a large pan until soft. Add the wild garlic stalks and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and onion seeds, cover with vegetable stock and allow to gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the wild garlic leaves and stir well. Add the soup to the Vitamix and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine and slowly increase to its highest pseed. Blend until smooth and season to taste.
To serve, divide the soup between bowls and crumble over the marinated feta. Sprinkle over a few black onion seeds and garnish with wild garlic flowers.
|Serving Size||1½ cup (360 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|