Whether your diet is gluten-free by choice or necessity, you can take advantage of your Vitamix blender to create fresh, wholesome alternatives to commercial products. Some off-the-shelf, gluten-free foods are heavily processed and so have fewer nutrients than the ones you make at home. Additionally, some processed foods can be higher in calories, fat, and sugar, so you may actually gain weight instead of losing it on a gluten-free diet.
Although many people associate gluten primarily with wheat, it’s important to remember that rye and barley also contain the gluten protein. Fortunately, making your own recipes allows you to control what goes into your food.
Watch a video demonstration to learn how to make flour in your Vitamix machine.
- All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour: White rice and two starches stand in for wheat in this all-purpose flour.
- Gluten-Free Bean Flour: Beans make a nutritious wheat substitute in this flour.
- Apricot Brown Rice Cereal: The sweetness of dried apricots combined with the whole-grain goodness of brown rice.
- Quiche with Brown Rice Crust: Brown rice creates a chewy and satisfying crust.
- Potato Cheddar Breakfast Bake: This simple breakfast casserole combines homemade hash browns with all your favorite omelet ingredients. It's a real lifesaver when you're expecting overnight guests.
- Vitamix Pizza Soup: Change up the ingredients of this 4-minute soup as easily as you change up your pizza toppings.
- Caribbean Dry Rub: Make amazing jerk chicken with this sweet and spicy rub. Allow to sit on raw meat for 10-15 minutes before cooking to maximize flavor.
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup: Make large batches of this hearty soup and freeze for future weeknight meals in hurry.
- Gluten-Free Brownies: A delicious, gluten-free indulgence for all to enjoy.
- Spinach and Artichoke Fondue: With a three-cheese blend, spinach, and artichokes, this creamy fondue is a fun twist on your favorite restaurant-style dip.
- Almond Butter: A hearty spread made with raw, roasted, or salted almonds that also works as a fruit dip.
- Apricot-Ancho Barbecue Glaze: The perfect combination of sweet and spicy, try this barbecue glaze with grilled shrimp, pork or chicken.
- Brown Rice Grits: This easy-to-make cereal is deliciously sweet when topped with fresh fruit or honey.
- Creamy Rice Cereal: Easily adjust the texture of this all-natural baby cereal for your growing child with the length and speed of the blend. Add fruits when you're ready to introduce them to more flavor and variety.