Dutch Apple Baby
A fluffy pancake with the warm and juicy flavors of cinnamon apple. Just a touch of vanilla and breakfast is served!
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- 3 other apples, seeded, cored, sliced
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (120 ml) soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) . Place a 9 in. (23 cm) pie plate into the oven to warm.
- Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
- To make batter, place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Remove pie plate from oven carefully and spray with cooking spray. Transfer apples to warmed pie plate. Pour batter over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with powder sugar, cinnamon or other toppings. Make sure you measure the flour appropriately (using a scale to get a gram weight will create a more consistent finished product), sift it first into a measuring cup. If you scoop you could have 20 to 30 extra grams of flour which will create a denser finished product.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Dutch Apple Baby is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by an7hagan from Very easy, delectable, and a perfect brunch dish This is perfect recipe to make for brunch. Very easy and quick to make. My only recommendation is to add a little more sugar to the recipe. The family loved it. We topped ours with whipped cream.
Date published: 2015-12-27
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ludo from It was ok Ours looked more like a quiche. Although it was fun to make, we were not able to get it to hold together like a pancke.
Date published: 2019-11-29