Asian Pesto Sauce
Zesty orange, chili sauce, and ginger are just a few of the ingredients that transform ordinary pesto into an Asian-inspired sauce.
- 2 (180 g) small oranges, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dark sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
- 4 cups (120 g) fresh spinach
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (20 g) fresh ginger root, 1" thick
- 2 strips orange peel
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the orange, leaving just the flesh and reserving 1 strip of zest.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 serving (69 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Asian Pesto Sauce is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 3 out of 5 by RMW234 from Tasty but not a favorite of the family Like the Asian inspired taste, had it with pan seared sea bass and udon noodles. The meal was good but not a go to recipe
Date published: 2019-05-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hank from Surprising complex flavor The ingredient list sounded appealing (I did use orange zest rather than peel). My wife and I enjoyed the complex flavor of this sweet-sour sauce. It worked well as a dip for shrinp and for eggrolls. Deducted one star for sweetness, but that may have been due to the particular hoisin and chili sauces I had on hand. Next time I will use tangier versions or reduce these ingredients. We consider this a keeper recipe.
Date published: 2021-01-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Guardian Librarian from Great Green - Eat clean sauce! I'm following the Kimberly Snyder Detox diet, and this recipe fits right in with all the advice about eating potent greens (anti-oxidants ) plus the citrus, garlic and ginger. Very versatile and flavourful, packed with nutrients! I didn't have hoisin nor asian chili, but it still tastes great! Thank you!
Date published: 2020-12-31
Rated 3 out of 5 by EddieG from Wasn't my favorite recipe This was a good recipe just wasn't my favorite therefore I cannot give it more than a average rating
Date published: 2021-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Daysprite from Peppy pesto I am so excited about the sauce. Totally new flavor. I can’t wait to use it on salmon
Date published: 2020-12-31
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page