A simple pantry recipe, this dressing can be thrown together at the last minute for dinner in a pinch.
- ½ cup (120 ml) red wine vinegar, or vinegar of choice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1½ cup (360 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Place vinegar, Dijon mustard, pepper and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 10 seconds. Remove the lid plug and slowly drizzle oil through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug and slowly increase speed to its highest setting. Blend for an additional 10 seconds.
- Add a half cup of your favorite herbs after you have drizzled in the oil to make this dressing even better.
- Try oregano, sage, and dill for a fresh herb blend, but any blend will work. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
|Serving Size||1 serving (26 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Basic Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Yogirider from Just OK I made this basic vinaigrette but added one clove of garlic. It's better than bottled but just needs something else? Maybe some honey or sugar?
Date published: 2017-02-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by Chefvinny Instagram from Constructive criticism The dressing in the picture looks like it broke. It doesn’t show a full volume vinaigrette. The slow drizzle should work to emulsify the dressing. Giving it a lovely texture. Also you could suggest using a funnel into the top so that oil doesn’t spatter out .. :)
Date published: 2019-11-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lannette Mt Airy from Great base Add greek or Italian seasoning and garlic to add some more flavor
Date published: 2020-11-30