Black Bean and Jalapeño Sauce
This spicy Mexican sauce can be served as a hot or cold dip, or used to enhance tortilla filling, gorditas, and tostaditas.
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (425 g) black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ medium (80 g) yellow onion, peeled, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, quartered
- 1 medium (75 g) red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) yellow bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil garlic, black beans, jalapeno, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place vegetable stock, cumin, chili powder and water along with half of the sautéed mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If sauce is getting too thick (sauce should be spreadable) add a little more water or stock.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug. Add remaining sautéed mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5 seconds.
|Serving Size||1 serving (72 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|