Carrot Pear Shrub
A delicious beverage with carrots, pears and fresh lime juice.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 pound (455 g) carrots, halved
- 2 D'Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and cut
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, 1/4" slice
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Blend for 1 minute 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades if necessary. Serve over ice.
|Serving Size||1 serving (248 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Carrot Pear Shrub is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by torched from I love this smoothie This tastes like carrot with a lot of great flavor. This one will be in my smoothie rotation for sure. It's oddly labeled as a shrub, when it has so very little vinegar. I would recommend this to nearly everyone, even though it does not taste sweet.
Date published: 2018-02-15
Rated 3 out of 5 by Retha33 from Hold the Salt! This started off great but, is overwhelmed by Salt. I'm pretty good at measuring, I've been known to sell cakes in my lifetime, so I know measurements were right. I'd suggest either omit salt or cut out half or less to slightly enjoy this shake.
Date published: 2020-06-28