Cherry Breakfast Cake
Overflowing with sweet cherries and the perfect companion to your morning coffee.
- 1½ cup (230 g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (60 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (55 g) butter spread
- ¾ cup (165 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cup (360 ml) milk
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat a 9-inch x 9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place sugar, butter spread, egg substitute and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Stop machine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well. Fold in fruit.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|