Curried Carrot Soup
Sautée the carrots and onions to bring out a more intense flavor in this vibrant soup.
- 6 (365 g) carrots, halved
- ½ cup (80 g) onion, peeled, diced
- ½ cup (120 ml) soy milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ lemon, peeled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until steam escapes through lid. Serve immediately.
For recipe variation, use 2%, skim or low fat milk instead of soy milk. You can simmer the soup after you have blended it to create a richness.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|