Dish D'Lish Cranberry Vinaigrette
Chef Kathy Casey’s tangy cranberry vinaigrette, served with her signature salad at her Dish D’Lish Cafés.
- ⅔ cup (65 g) frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60 ml) orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, and vinegar in a small, nonreactive saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries pop, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place the mixture into the Vitamix container, add the Dijon, orange juice, salt and pepper and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug.
- Gradually drizzle in the oil through the lid plug opening. The dressing should become smooth and emulsified.
- Serve over the Endive Salad with Roasted Pears, Hazelnuts, & Blue Cheese (see recipe).
Dressing will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
You can substitute distilled white vinegar for the white wine vinegar, if desired.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page