Easy Tomato Sauce
As the name implies, this five-ingredient recipe is easy enough to make in a pinch and includes beef broth, tomatoes, garlic, and fresh herbs.
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cans (800 g) low sodium plum tomatoes
- 3 ounces (100 g) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup (15 g) Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place broth, tomatoes, paste, garlic, and herbs into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
Using the canned plum tomatoes gives a robust flavor, if using fresh tomatoes it will have a slightly raw flavor.
|Serving Size||1 serving (57 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|