Gingered Carrot Orange Soup
Spicy and sweet, the flavors of ginger and carrot combine into a vibrant meal.
- 1 pound (455 g) carrots, halved
- 2 onions, peeled, quartered
- 1 inch (3 cm) fresh ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- 4 cups (960 ml) chicken broth
- 3 medium oranges, peeled, halved
- ¼ inch (0.6 cm) orange peel
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté carrots, onions and ginger in butter spread until soft.
- Add 2 cups (480 ml) of broth.
- Simmer until tender.
- Place oranges, orange peel, and cooked vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- Adjust consistency with remaining 2 cups (480 ml) of broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve hot or cold. Garnish with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|