Gluten-Free Bean Flour
An alternative flour for gluten-free cooking made from ground dried legumes.
- 2 cups (290 g) dry garbanzo beans
- 2 cups (200 g) tapioca starch
- 2 cups (240 g) cornstarch
- Place dry garbanzo beans into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine and increase to its highest possible speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds.
- Remove to a bowl and add tapioca starch and cornstarch.
- Stir with a whisk to incorporate. Store in an airtight container.
For best results, grind 2 cups (400 g) of grains at a time.
|Amount Per Servings|
Gluten-Free Bean Flour is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 1 out of 5 by rjc8 from what kind of bean Nice directions but you forgot to mention what type of "bean flour". That is what I thought this recipe was about - how to make the bean flour. Disappointed as that is what I wanted to learn.
Date published: 2018-05-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by Eileen 33 from gluten free baking experience needed You may think you can take a bread recipe and change the flour to gluten free and that is all there is to it. WRONG!!! I have been cooking and baking for about 7 years. That just does not work. Do not think that living gluten free is easy. I have had more flops learning to bake gluten free. Find and employ a person who is an experienced gluten free baker. We need good recipes.
Date published: 2018-09-07
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chuchu from not useful the content is not for the title. wasted my time though
Date published: 2018-05-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scubatot from Good job I've had my vitamix for about 7 yrs. Love it! Always learning something new
Date published: 2018-10-16