Kale and Leek Soup
This boldly flavored soup offers tremendous texture, since half the recipe is blended in your Vitamix, while the other half simmers on the stove.
- 1 leek, cleaned, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cups (335 g) kale, chopped, stems removed
- 4 cups (960 ml) chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté leek in olive oil until soft. Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Add broth and cook for 30 minutes on low heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until temperature reaches 120°F (65°C).
- Place soup into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into pot and heat for 10 minutes, or just until it begins to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|