Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup
Try this flavorful purée with russet potatoes, fresh thyme, and our Kale Pesto.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 2 (180 g) small leeks, washed well, sliced
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups (960 ml) vegetable broth
- 3½ cup (590 g) artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed
- 1 (230 g) medium russet potatoes, washed, quartered
- ¼ cup (10 g) fresh thyme leaves, stemmed
- 4 Tablespoons kale pesto, optional
- Heat a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the oil and heat, then add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, and thyme leaves. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Carefully pour mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with a dollop of Kale Pesto if desired. Serve immediately.
This creamy soup is a great way to sneak some extra fiber into your diet.
|Serving Size||1 serving (416 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by MiMi47 from Pefect! This was so simple and delicious. Amazingly flavorful though no salt or pepper is added. I used basil pest as I had it readily available. set a side some of the potato if you want to add after blending for more texture. Great recipe.
Date published: 2018-02-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lyn50 from Great soup Great recipe. No need to peel potatoes. Amazing flavor. Super easy and healthy. A new favorite
Date published: 2016-12-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Eaglelanz from This is a great and way to liven potato leek soup I really like this recipe as I am adding more greens and cruciferous vegetables to our diet. while potato leek soup is good on its own, this really livens it up, and with the benefit of adding the kale. Everone in the family ate it! Also it is so easy to make!
Date published: 2019-08-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by TechnoCook from Loved it! Only problem was it only made enough for 2bowls, and we wanted leftovers. Very wonderful flavor. The leek and garlic added the subtlety, the potato added some substance, and the artichokes and lemon added an unexpected zing. I was surprised to find that there was actually a bit more artichoke than potato. Really good. I left the skin on the potato. I made the pesto the night before and added a big spoonful as a kind of garnish. Like someone said, it could be mixed into the soup, but I like having some garnishes added on top for interesting bursts of flavor.
Date published: 2020-12-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by jon m from Best soup I've ever made My only problem with this recipe is the last step - stir the pesto into the soup instead of using it as a garnish.
Date published: 2020-10-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Love It This soup was the best !! Easy lots of flavor Everyone enjoyed
Date published: 2020-10-29
Rated 1 out of 5 by Phil34 from Not Good. This was my first attempt using the Vitamix for soup. Recipe was straightforward and easy to follow, but oh boy... the outcome... honestly the worst leek and potato soup I’ve ever had. I’m not sure exactly what threw it off, but it was terrible. like a thick wallpaper glue, and just as tasteless. Perhaps it was the artichoke?
Date published: 2020-11-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great flavor Little confused w potato portion so I just used 4 small. I didn't roast the vegetable which gave it great flavor
Date published: 2020-11-09
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page