Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette
A tart and tangy dressing or chicken marinade with pleasant cheese overtones.
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- 4½ teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Place balsamic vinegar, lemon, garlic, salt, fresh herbs, Parmesan, pepper and ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
- Pour remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) oil through the lid plug opening in a slow, steady stream. Replace the lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or until emulsified
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|