This homemade pesto is full of color and flavor, and is delicious over pasta, chicken, or fresh steamed veggies.
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat 1 pound (455g) of pasta.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|