With green chilies and jalapeño, this spicy salsa is not for the mild-hearted.
- 2 cups (480 ml) stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup (110 g) jalapeño
- ½ cup (110 g) green chili peppers, can be chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 5-10 seconds or until ingredients are chopped to desired consistency. If necessary, use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing. Do not over mix. Serve with tortilla chips.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Salsa Mexicano is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by CJPK from Good Cinco de Mayo Salsa I thought the salsa had good flavor, but I really felt like it needed just a little something. I added the juice of one lime to it and I personally think that really completed the recipe!
Date published: 2020-05-05