This homemade soy milk is a tasty dairy alternative, and can be used on cereal or in baking recipes.
- 1 cup (200 g) dried soy beans
- 2 dates, pitted
- 3½ cup (840 ml) water
- Clean dried soy beans and soak for 4-8 hours.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Drain soy beans and let cool. Measure 1½ cups (260 g) cooked beans.
- Place cooked beans, dates, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Smoothies program.
- Start the blender and increase to its highest speed or allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- To obtain commercial-style soy milk, strain the milk through a filtration bag or pass through a fine mesh sieve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For a refreshing flavor, add 1-inch (2.5 cm) cube of fresh ginger root before blending.
|Serving Size||1 Serving (294 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.50 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|