Spicy Honey Vinaigrette
A sweet and spicy, Thai-inspired dressing, delicious on salads with pea pods, radishes, and shredded carrots, or as a marinade with grilled meats and vegetables.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80 gal) honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup (80 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, ginger root and black pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 5 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
- Slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening in a slow, steady stream. Replace the lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until emulsified.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Spicy Honey Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Wendy S from Good Taste Is a little thicker than a 'typical' salad dressing, but I could taste the heat, sweet/vinegar flavors. Since it's a thai inspired recipe, I added a little fresh cilantro and green onion, which didn't hurt the flavor at all.
Date published: 2017-01-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by LeGourmetTV from A little Thick! The recipe calls for 80 gallons of honey - which made it a little thick and very sweet! Some of the other flavours were lost in the overpowering honey flavour, so if you make this be sure to use a very light flavoured honey.
Date published: 2018-08-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by Denny from Nice Mild Sweet Spicy Sauce The sauce came out thick but smooth. It had a mild a little spicy but sweet taste.
Date published: 2016-01-13