Spice up your hummus with your favorite hot sauce. Just remember, the heat level you choose will be intensified in the Vitamix.
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned chickpeas, with liquid
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) tahini
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Spicy Hummus is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Riccardo from Cheap and authentic! Here's a way to put your high priced Vitamix to quick and money saving good use. Instead of buying Sabra Hummus, I prepared this recipe several times using a variety of herbs from my garden. The result? Delectable and authentic humus that makes all supermarket refrigerated hummus products pale!
Date published: 2015-11-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by USCameo from Yummy I brought this in for a birthday potluck and received many compliments. This is a keeper!
Date published: 2015-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by fhdewitt from Fantastic Hummus Super easy to make, wished I had know about it sooner.
Date published: 2017-07-04
Rated 1 out of 5 by Michaeljjsherman from Where are the sesame seeds?? Interesting that there are three 5-star ratings for a hummus without sesame seeds.
Date published: 2018-02-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Blenditup from Tasty! Quick and easy to make. Really smooth. Will definitely be making over and over.
Date published: 2018-06-04