Spinach Pasta Dough
Package your homemade pasta alongside a jar of your favorite sauce for a great holiday gift.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (90 g) spinach, blanched
- 1½ cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place eggs, olive oil and spinach into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds
- Remove the lid and add the flour, salt and pepper
- Secure the lid and select Variable 3.
- Quickly turn the machine on and off to pulse 5-6 times. You will notice the dough starting to form a ball and lift off the blades.
- Remove the lid and scrape down the sides, adding a little flour if the dough looks to moist and it has not formed a ball.
- Pulse again 5-6 times.
- Remove from container onto a floured work surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for a half hour.
- Cut dough into four pieces. One piece at a time, while the others are still wrapped run through a pasta rolling machine starting on the widest setting and slowly working your way down to the second to last setting.
- Use the pasta rolling machine's fettuccini attachment to cut the pasta into strips.
- Place strips on drying rack and allow to dry overnight.
- Repeat for 3 other pasta balls.
For plain pasta, remove the spinach and add another egg.
|Serving Size||2 ounces|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Spinach Pasta Dough is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Emyjo from Delicious This is a fantastic recipe. Used a regular Vitamix (under the cupboard, shorter version) and it worked perfectly.
Date published: 2018-10-20
Rated 1 out of 5 by Danielle1244588585 from You need the dry ingredient blender! Really wish they had specified that I need the dry ingredient blender because in the directions it said nothing and now I'm having a really hard time cleaning my vitamix 5200 model
Date published: 2017-05-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by catherine21 from What I have been lookiing for in creating pasta Easy and fits my vegan interest with a few minor adjestments
Date published: 2019-10-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by Knjsavy from Not just fettucini I used the classic vitamix to start the mix and i did not have my pasta maker/roller with me. i just old school rolled the balls flat - eye balled the thickness and cut into lasagna strips once dried cooked lasagna up regualry - kids ate it fine until they noticed the green noodles by then they already ate "extra veggies" with spinach in the noodles. great recipe
Date published: 2020-02-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rudhi from Excellent - options fro vegans? Do you have additional recommendations fro a vegan.....I love the ingredients
Date published: 2020-02-05