A unique medley of flavors gives this smoothie its nutritional value.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 cups (400 g) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- ¼ cup (35 g) beets, washed
- ¼ cup (30 g) carrots, halved
- 1 piece (5 g) fresh ginger root, 1/4" slice
- 1 cup (30 g) fresh spinach
- 1 cup (35 g) Swiss chard
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup (25 g) broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup (130 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Sunset Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by HelloMichelleLee from Great mix of nutritional and sweet ingredients This smoothie had the perfect balance of sweet and savory and really packs a lot of vitamins and nutrients into one glass. Be careful not to overdo it on the beets and follow the recipes proportions as the strong flavor can easily overpower other ingredients.
Date published: 2017-01-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by torched from This one will be in my smoothie rotation. Per previous review, all ingredients were measured at the specified amounts. The only identifiable flavor was ginger, so be careful to not use too much because it's difficult to compensate for excessive ginger. This smoothie is not sweet, yet it does not taste strictly like vegetables. The contrasting flavors balance each other, making kind-of a neutral taste. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a less sweet tasting smoothie.
Date published: 2018-02-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brynda from Fresh 'n Healthy Lots of goodness and nutrition in this, tastes great too!
Date published: 2020-07-08
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page