Sweet and Spicy Barbeque Sauce
This recipe can be altered to accommodate your taste and texture preferences. Add hot sauce for an extra kick.
- 2 cups (480 ml) ketchup
- 1 cup (240 ml) blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup (120 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 small (70 g) small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat until molasses dissolves into the sauce. Remove from heat and cool 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds or just until blended.
|Serving Size||1 serving (54 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
Sweet and Spicy Barbeque Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chicken Pie from Made this twice and love it! This is one of many bbq sauce recipes out there and i do love this one! Very easy and quick. Smooth, sweet and savory. I add soms chili pepper flakes for a little more spice. Highly recommend this one !
Date published: 2021-07-25