Your favorite flavor of jelly or frosting is the proverbial cherry on top of this well-known holiday cookie.
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 large egg, separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (110 g) light butter spread
- ¼ cup (55 g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¾ cup (85 g) chopped nuts
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Place egg yolk, vanilla, margarine, brown sugar and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Using a #40 scoop, roll the dough into balls. Beat the large egg white with a fork. Dip balls in the large egg white and roll in the nuts.
- Place balls about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheet; press thumb gently in the center of each.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until set. Cool and fill thumbprints with jelly or icing.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Thumbprint Cookies is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wifey from These are delicious and customizable! I’m loving how easily my 8yr old son and I threw these together using our Vitamix! Then my darling 4yr old daughter helped me roll these in the pecans and press each one with her little fingers. My college age nieces and friend came over and devoured these. We served them unfilled and set out a variety of jams so everyone could try an assortment of flavors. We all agreed they were excellent unfilled. (We did mix in PUMPKIN PIE SPICE with the ingredients.)
Date published: 2019-12-17