Tomato Basil Pesto
With tomatoes, almonds, and spinach, this sauce puts a unique spin on classic pesto and makes a great topping for fresh-cooked pasta.
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1½ Tablespoon (20 g) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup (15 g) fresh spinach
- 6 medium small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- 1 cup (170 g) almonds, blanched
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place olive oil, half of tomatoes, basil, spinach, garlic, salt, almonds, and black pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add in remaining tomatoes and secure lid.
- Select Variable 4.
- Quickly use On/Off switch to pulse the mixture while using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
1 cup (240 ml) of pesto coasts 1 pound (455 g) of cooked pasta. Store extra pesto in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|